What Are NovaLash Lash Extensions?
· NovaLash Lash Extensions are a glamorous new way to extend the length and thickness of natural eyelashes, and are a practical, convenient and beautiful alternative to the daily use of mascara. Unlike decades-old, traditional false lashes, lash extensions are the first innovation in lash lengthening that can be worn daily, without nightly removal. Because each tapered, synthetic lash is bonded to a single natural lash, the final result is of effortless glamour and difficult to detect even close up.
How Long Do They Really Last?
· When properly applied, using Platinum Bond Adhesive, NovaLash lash extensions can be worn throughout the year with minimal monthly maintenance. Touch-ups are recommended after the initial full set application to refill any lashes that have cycled out. To maintain the full, thick appearance of a new set of lashes a visit to your beauty/lash professional is recommended every 4 weeks based on your own natural lash growth cycle.
Can Lash Extensions Harm Natural Lashes?
· When applied properly, lash extensions will not harm natural lashes. The NovaLash application technique allows natural lashes to grow and thrive with extensions. This technique requires several different “separation” steps during the application process so each extension is adhered to a single natural lash in order to prevent interruption of the lash growth cycle.
Can Mascara Be Used With Lash Extensions?
· Mascara is typically not needed with lash extensions. Mascara should only be used when a touch-up is drawing near. Water-soluble mascara can be worn; however constant use of mascara may shorten the lifespan of lashes. Waterproof mascara is not recommended for use, as it will dissolve the bond with the lashes. NovaLash glycol and carbonate free mascara is specifically formulated for use on extensions without interfering with the adhesive.
Once Applied What Is The Proper Way To Care For Lashes?
· Nightly conditioning is necessary to maximize the life of the extensions. NovaLash’s nighttime conditioning/cleansing pads are perfect for cleaning the lashes free of any makeup or debris while moisturizing the lashes to maintain flexibility. Using a lash wand to comb the lashes free of tangles is also recommended. You shouldn’t leave a hair salon without top of the line hair products – same with your lashes!
Martha Licari - Advanced Certified NovaLash Trainer